Sunday, August 21, 2011

My K1 Fiancee Visa Experience

My fiance and I met online on August 2007. He is a US citizen and I am a Filipina. When we decided that we are both serious about spending the rest of our lives together, he came to see me on June 2010. We started the K1 process on October of the same year. 

Here's the timeline of our K1 Visa journey:

October 6, 2010----I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) sent
October 8, 2010----I-129F received at Dallas, TX
October 14, 2010---NOA1 (Notice of Action 1) e-mail received, routed to VSC (dated October 12, 2010)
October 18, 2010---Money order receipt received
October 20, 2010---Touched
November 5, 2010--Touched
April 6, 2011-------NOA2 (Notice of Action 2)
June 13-14 ---------Medical
August 2, 2011-----Interview (Approved)

Here's an overview of the process (based on US Embassy Manila Website)
American citizens who plan to marry their Filipino fiancé(e) in the United States must file an I-129F petition with the USCIS office that has jurisdiction over the petitioner's place of residence. 
Once approved, the I-129F petition is sent to NVC, which forwards it to the Embassy in Manila. The Embassy will send the Filipino fiancé(e) information on how to apply for the K-1 visa, including the medical examination and the visa interview.
I'll be explaining the requirements and our experience with the different phases of the process in my succeeding posts.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing piece. There are so many lessons to be learned from this. Thank you for sharing this kind of work author. Randomly speaking, are you looking for a K1 process? Feel free to visit our website. Thank you and God bless!

    ReplyDelete